Monday, December 8, 2014

Peanut Brittle: Round 2

Sunday started off strong. I did dishes, laundry, filled the dog food, bought dish soap, ran, wrapped some Christmas presents and cut a box apart to make it a smaller size (Brian, if you read this, please excuse the really weird box when it gets there).

Then I had lunch and didn't want to move again.


I didn't want to run. I mean, I wanted to run, but it was one of those days where it's really hard to get started. I ended up running 3.5 miles and feeling infinitely better when I was done. As usual.

I have been dropping everything lately. My phone, a coffee mug (with coffee in it), the cap for the milk, the remote - nothing is safe in my hands. Surprisingly, nothing has actually broken yet, but if the trend continues, it's only a matter of time.

Round 2 of peanut brittle was MUCH more successful!

Look how golden and delicious it is!


I paid more attention to the color of the sugar this time around, and I'm really happy with how it turned out! Now I just have to try not to eat it all.

Today's run was going to be a longer one. That was the plan. So of course, nothing went right. My shoes were bugging me, so I swapped them for another pair. I took it as an opportunity to pull my new PureFlows out of their box - they've been in the closet for months!


It still didn't feel right. Nothing felt bad, just off. I took more breaks than I would like to admit, but after 6 miles (of warm up?) I finally felt good and polished off my 7th mile feeling great. Bodies are weird.

65.2 miles until I hit 1,000 miles for the year!

6 comments:

  1. You and Buddy look comfortable on the couch and your peanut brittle looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Watching the timing at the end really made a big difference!

      Delete
  2. How on earth did you keep brand new shoes in the closet for so long w/out trying them out? That's will power!! Bummer about the "off" run. At least your last mile was okay. Sometimes we just need a 6-mile warm-up! :) The peanut brittle looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have no idea how I left those shoes in the closet for so long, possibly I forgot they were in there for a little while!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm pretty excited to hit 1,000 miles - definitely a first for me! :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...