Friday, December 5, 2014

A Slow Morning and a Peanut Brittle Fail

I had grand intentions of springing into action at a reasonable hour this morning. Instead, I spent most of the morning drinking coffee and catching up on blogs.

We also watched Peter Pan Live, which we recorded last night. It wasn't amazing, but it was cute. We both questioned Christopher Walken being cast as Captain Hook. I really like Christopher Walken, but he was kind of spacey for most of it.

Buddy was psyched as usual to join me in the basement for my run.


My run today was a shorter and slower one, a conscious decision.

I've found if I am running a specific distance, that I tend to go faster than I plan on because faster = over sooner. But I know there are times I need to run slower. On those runs, I run for time. No matter how fast I run, I can't make time go any faster, it helps keep me in check.


All fast all the time is bound to lead to injury sooner or later.

I made my first solo attempt at making peanut brittle today.


It didn't turn out the way I wanted it to. I followed the directions rather than following my instincts (I've helped my Grandma make peanut brittle for years) and it ended up darker than I wanted it to. Tom says it's not, but it tastes burnt to me.


I'm planning on getting more peanuts and trying again this weekend.

Instructions be damned.

2 comments:

  1. Oooh that brittle looks yummy to me! Who cares if it's a little dark! :) It cracks me up the way Buddy always goes downstairs w/ you when you run. I do the same thing on the TM--run faster to get OFF. Your idea to run for time is a great one. I need to be better about that. I think running fast on the TM hurts me more than running fast outside, too, for some reason.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Running for time on the treadmill definitely helps when you're trying to do an easy run on the TM, otherwise I'm just constantly bumping the speed up, little by little.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...