Tuesday, December 23, 2014

1,000 Miles in 2014

This morning I watched my absolute favorite Christmas show.

Growing up, I had a Christmas tape with several different shows (Garfield's 9 Lives, A Snow White Christmas, a snippet of Fat Albert, Care Bear's Nutcracker and A Muppet Family Christmas). At some point in high school, I sat on the vcr remote and RECORDED OVER my Christmas tape.

It was not a good day.

The best of those shows was A Muppet Family Christmas, it had the Muppets, Sesame Street characters, the Fraggles, and had a Jim Henson cameo at the end - plus it had all the excellent 80s commercials. It originally aired in 1987, and because of poorly thought out song rights (they only secured them for airing on television) all the versions available to purchase are seriously edited (and obviously don't have the awesome commercials).

I managed to find someone online who had the original version (commercials and all!), so now I have it on dvd.



It's pretty much the best.

I did it! Today I broke 1,000 miles for 2014! It's definitely the most I have ever run in a year. I ran 4.5 miles and called it good. I may cut back on my mileage now that I've hit my 1,000, but I'm kind of in the middle of the Runner's World Holiday Run Streak (at least 1 mile a day Thanksgiving-New Years) and I don't really want to stop.


My falling injury is looking better, mostly. There are some good colors in the bruises.


I got fun mail again today. Jan sent me some KT tape for my ankle, and also some really tasty looking corn salsa and some treats for Buddy.


He was pretty excited to get the mail too :)

6 comments:

  1. Yay for completing the 1000 miles! Hope that leg heals soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you found your favorites on DVD again! I love watching the same old holiday shows over & over. And glad your package arrived in time for Christmas! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The old commercials are my favorite - they're so funny!

      Thanks again for the tape and the goodies! :)

      Delete
    2. Oh and congrats on meeting your goal!! How could I forget that?

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...