Sunday, December 28, 2014

A clean house, a new planner and a quick mile

The house is so clean!

We spent a couple of hours cleaning the house from top to bottom this morning. We ended up having two people make appointments to see the house today. Only one realtor left a card, so we don't know if they both ended up showing up or not.

We took Buddy for a walk around Rockefeller Preserve while people were at the house.


It would be prettier if we had snow.


This afternoon we watched the Giants lose yet another game, and then we headed to Target (sorry Jan, I know it's a sore subject) to get a few things we needed, and a few that we didn't. It's Target, you can't ever leave without buying more than you mean to.

I picked up a cute planner for next year.



I love all things internet except for calendars/organizers. I like to have things written on paper, in my hand. It's weird.

I intend to have things to write in it soon, and not just races! :)

I got a quick mile in before dinner. I'm too close to the end of the Runner's World Holiday Run Streak to stop now! Friday is going to be my first rest day since November 15th. I'm looking forward to it.

Since I was only running a mile, I ran it fast.


Cutting back on my mileage seems to be making my ankle happier, so that's good news. I hate when I'm injured, though, clearly not enough to actually stop running.

Are you an old-school or high-tech calendar/organizer kind of person?

8 comments:

  1. Must you say Target? *sniff* I do adore that store so much. Is it wrong to want to uproot your whole family and relocate because Target closed?

    That was definitely a speedy mile! Hopefully after Thursday you will be able to take a few days off to rest that ankle!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Moving might be a little extreme ;) I bet you'll save money with no Target around!

      Just cutting back on miles seems to be helping my ankle, and taping it definitely helped this weekend on the trails.

      Delete
  2. My husband tries and tries to get me to like the Google calendar but I would so rather just write it on my own paper planner. Some things are just better old school.

    Also. the photos are quite pretty even without snow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad I'm not the only one who doesn't play well with online calendars!

      The trails are pretty, they're just looking sad after all the beautiful colors this fall. And it's really pretty when it snows! :)

      Delete
  3. I've had my iPhone calendar vaporize into thin air too many times to ever trust it again so paper for me too! We are mild and snowless here as well. So weird. But I'm trying to embrace it. I don't envy your having to show the house. That was SO stressful for me. Inevitably someone would show up unannounced.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Luckily we have to have notice for showings because we have Buddy (and an alarm). It makes it much less stressful (and we don't have to live insanely tidy all the time). :)

      Delete
  4. No, it is not weird- I love my paper planner!!! It is the only way to go!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...