Sunday, December 7, 2014

A gloomy run and dressing up

My alarm on Saturday felt extra early for some reason. It was raining and gloomy out, but at least it wasn't as cold as it has been the last few weekends.

We had a decent group for our run, though most showed up late. I guess the gloomy morning got everyone off to a late start. On the bright side, the rain let up for most of the time we were running.


I actually remembered to start my Garmin this week, so that was nice. We ended up covering 6.57 miles at a 9:05 pace, which wasn't bad because the humidity was so high we were all having a tough run. It's weird to think about humidity when it isn't hot out, but it definitely makes a difference.

After digging through a few bins in the basement I realized I got rid of my semi-dressy coat when we left Alaska. I never wore it in Kodiak, go figure.

We braved the absolutely insane shopping crowds (and terrible drivers) and ended up getting a black pea coat from Old Navy. It isn't what I was looking for, but it was nicer than wearing my everyday coat, plus it was on sale.

Then it was time to go from this:


To this:


I don't have pictures from our fancy dinner, cell phones aren't allowed at the country club we were at. There was a ton of delicious food. Appetizers, dinner (we both had prime rib) and a huge table of desserts. Yes, please!

We did get a picture of us all dressed up, mostly because my mom kept insisting that I needed to send her a picture.


See? I don't always wear running clothes! ;)

3 comments:

  1. Your mom thanks you for the great picture!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You two look fabulous! I can't believe the Country club doesn't allow cell phones! It's a great idea, yet I don't see how they get away with it. The one school I taught out didn't allow students to have celll phones but that didn't work out very well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! :)

      I think the country club has a sort of "behave yourself or you won't be invited back" sort of policy. It was actually nice, everyone was talking to each other instead of looking at their phones all the time! :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...