Monday, December 22, 2014

A Big Chicken, Fun Mail, and Good Food

Buddy is officially afraid of the smoke detector/oven. He was home alone a few weeks ago when the low battery warning started going off...every 60 seconds the alarm would sound, and the voice (because it talks) would say "low battery." We don't know how long it was going off before I got home, but he's been afraid of it ever since.


Now he acts weird when we turn the oven on and looks anxiously up at the smoke alarm. Apparently he's made the connection between the oven being on and the smoke alarm going off. When it goes off (it's sensitive, we don't just burn things all the time), he jumps on the couch, or runs upstairs to hide.


We have an 80lb chicken for a dog.

This is Buddy keeping an eye on the smoke alarm - he doesn't understand why we are not concerned by the woman in the ceiling.


I wore my Transcends to run today to (hopefully) give my foot/ankle a little more support - and then I complained about how heavy they are compared to my usual Mizunos. I think they helped though.


It was a fun mail day today.

I was a little disappointed that my Pro Compression grab bag ended up being two colors I already have and a pair of Ragnar socks (I guess now I should run a Ragnar relay?). It will still be nice to have new socks, a couple of my old ones are getting stretched out.


I got new Nuun to try out - Tangerine Ginger! And they threw in a fun holiday glass! :)


Dinner tonight was Egg Roll in a Bowl. It doesn't photograph well, but it's delicious! We make it pretty often, and switch up what veggies we throw in (I say we, but Tom cooks it).

I made more Eggnog cookies tonight too - my running group polished off most of the last batch, so we needed more to have for Christmas.

Are you ready for the holidays or do you still have tons of things to do?

6 comments:

  1. Aw, poor buddy! He might need counseling

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your dog is so cute - our dog used to be afraid of balloons!!

    I am all ready for Christmas to come!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Balloons? Dogs are too funny!

      Bring on Christmas! :)

      Delete
  3. That seems silly that they would include ragnar socks in the grab bag. That race is so specific and not one that just anyone will do. Silly pro compression! Nice colors though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right? They include any socks they have in surplus, even logo specific ones. It's still a great deal though!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...