Saturday, December 27, 2014

I'm bad at bedtimes

No matter how hard I try, I can't make it to bed on time on Fridays. 6:45 was too early again today.

I started the day off with a peanut butter English muffin and coffee.


As per usual.

It didn't feel very cold when I walked Buddy, but the start of the run was definitely pretty chilly. A few brave souls were actually in shorts today!


I had fun poring over all my stats from my TomTom when I got home. I'm not sure about the default max heartrate/heartrate zones. According to my watch, I was in my top zone for over a half hour, which I don't think is right. I'm investigating. We covered 6.5 miles with an average pace of 8:59. As an added bonus, I didn't fall today!

After some more coffee (and apple pie) I tried out another workout from Gigabody. This time I tried the Ballet Body workout. Aside from feeling terribly ungraceful, I liked it and will probably do it again.

Buddy found some sunshine.


Sunshine is his favorite. And food...and Tom...

Tom made deep dish pizza for dinner. Buddy only acted a little weird while the oven was on.

Someone is coming to look at the house tomorrow...we have a bit of cleaning to do.


Do you monitor your heart rate when running/working out? Do you trust the "zones"?

2 comments:

  1. I have a HR monitor and I used to wear it religiously, but now I'm pretty lazy about putting the band on. Plus it's cooooold. I do trust it though. I wouldn't be good about early Friday bedtimes, either. Although isn't Saturday afternoon for napping? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's the beauty of this watch - built-in HR monitor! Super convenient. I used to have a super basic one that was a chest strap, but I never wore it.

      I'm a terrible napper. Can't do it. I just lay there and think "Am I asleep yet?" It's dumb.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...