Thursday, February 19, 2015

Cooking, Cleaning, and Hanging out Upside Down

I've been busy busy cleaning the house the last couple days. 

I had a mellow morning on Wednesday and made myself some biscuits and gravy. I have tried several times recently to successfully make my grandma's biscuit recipe (I have the recipe, I just don't have the touch). I'm getting closer. These ones were good!


At around 1:00 someone made an appointment to come see the house at 4:30, and I ran all over the house to get it clean in time.

Buddy and I went to Rockefeller Preserve and wandered around for all of 15 minutes before we decided it was much too cold.



We drove around town to kill time until we could go home.

Another person made an appointment to see the house this morning, so I did some quick dishes, swiffered the floor and packed the dog into the car. Since I knew it was going to be too cold out to be outside, we drove up to the new house to check out the snow (and because I hadn't been up to see in in a long time).



I got 4 mile runs in both Wednesday and today - fairly uneventful, as cutback weeks tend to be. The only thing less interesting than cutback weeks are taper weeks.

I've also been spending some time upside down.


I find this arm positioning way easier than the tripod stand I was doing the other day. I still have terrible balance, but I'm getting a few more seconds of balance off the wall, so I'm getting better.

It's fun. :)


I made stuffed chicken breasts for dinner tonight. As an added bonus, they actually turned out the way I wanted (this is not always the case when I cook).

They're stuffed with goat cheese and arugula and wrapped up with prosciutto - hard to go wrong with that combination!


I win at dinner tonight.



8 comments:

  1. You dog is SO cute! And yes, I agree that you totally won at dinner. My husband would LOVE that dish.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, Buddy's pretty cute :) Dinner was SO good, I was excited that it turned out!

      Delete
  2. Your dinner sounds yummy, I had a cheese sandwich, which was very good. I really like your new house, it looks good in snow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fancy dinner ;) I can't wait until it's actually our house!

      Delete
  3. Fancy chicken! Nice job! Yes, it's far too cold, for too long. My patience with this below zero crap is wearing thin. Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, it was really good! We're getting more snow today... :/

      Delete
  4. Mmmm that dinner looks yummy!! I might have to try that. You are getting good at headstands! I have to drag out my yoga mat and try one. I'm pretty sure it will take me lots of practice. Hopefully your house will sell soon so you don't have to furiously clean it and then leave all the time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kicking up into the headstand is the scariest part for me. It feels wrong to fling your body upside down. People keep saying great things about the house, they just haven't bought it!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...