Thursday, February 12, 2015

On Thursdays, We do Speedwork

Buddy is a professional sad face maker.


I had mile repeats on my training plan for the day, and I was starting to psych myself out, so I started my run sooner rather than later. I was worried about my speed since I've been off lately, but it ended up being a good, if tough, run.


I ran 1 mile warm up, and 3 miles (at 8:00, 7:54 and 7:48) with 800m recovery jogs in between and a 1 mile cool down. 6 miles total in 53:06.

I'm glad I pushed past that feeling of doubt, because now I can go into my next speed work session with a little more confidence!


Sweet basement lighting, no?

Random fact of the day: I bought this hairspray so my hair would be presentable for our dressy dinner back in December, but I use it a lot - to control the frizzies when I run.


It is seriously the only time I use hairspray.

We had some snow flurries this afternoon, but it was actually above freezing, so it was just pretty instead of annoying. I'm ignoring the fact that we have a wind chill advisory overnight and it will be around 5 degrees out tomorrow morning when Buddy needs walking. Seriously, I don't even want to think about it.

Dinner tonight was a repeat of last night because I'm lazy and I had leftovers. Plus it was tasty, so there's that.

Now excuse me while I go watch the temperature drop - it's happening at an alarming rate.

What's the weather like at your house? If it's hot there, you can just lie to me, ok?

8 comments:

  1. It's going to be real cold where I live tomorrow morning too! Brr! I always look forward to Spring about this time of the year! Your dog is adorable, and love the color of your sneaks! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks (and Buddy says thank you too)! I will definitely be ready when spring decides to show up - all this ice/snow is wearing out its welcome!

      Delete
  2. It's not "hot" where I am in Florida (ok I'm lying. Well "technically" I'm only half lying cause I FEEL cold but most normal people would probably agree that it's not really cold). Sometimes I wish I could run on the treadmill but I get dizzy so all my runs are on the road :(
    Stay warm!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Temperature is totally relative - I'm usually freezing and my boyfriend insists it's not that cold. I don't know what I would do if I couldn't run on the treadmill - guess I'd have to buy even more cold weather running gear ;)

      Delete
  3. We are sunny and in the 40's. Weird Alaska winter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That Tresseme is the hairspray I use all the time and I love it!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...