Tuesday, February 17, 2015

(Not)Pancakes, Running and Reading

If you're on Pinterest, I'm sure you've seen those "pancakes" made out of a banana and a couple of eggs. It seems wrong, but people apparently like them. In case you, like me, were curious about these two-ingredient "pancakes," let me save you some trouble.

They taste exactly like you would expect them to: like eggs and banana. Nothing about this resembles a pancake, and I seriously question the tastebuds of those who claim to like them. I ended up adding some flour, baking soda, salt and vanilla, which made my "pancakes" closer to what a pancake should actually look/taste like. I ate part of a couple of "pancakes" before I decided to scrap the small remainder of my experiment and made myself an English muffin with peanut butter and banana, which was delicious.

Next time, I'm not messing around with any weirdo Pinterest recommendations - I will have actual pancakes!

I took Monday as a rest day (I hear those are good for you), and did my best to not go outside.


It was a little brisk.

This week is a cut back week on my training plan. No speedwork, and lower mileage. I'll take it! I ran an easy 4 miles on the treadmill and discovered that if I increase the font size on my Kindle, I can totally read while I run. I wouldn't attempt it doing anything faster, but it was a nice change from clicking around on Netflix for 20 minutes.


After my run, I did a Piyo workout (define: lower body), and did some balance work on my BOSU ball.


This is blurry, but cute, so I had to share. Buddy was getting so hot laying in the sun (inside the house) that he was panting - crazy dog.


Have you had any Pinterest fails? Successes?

12 comments:

  1. I haven't made those "pancakes" and now I won't. I'm the type who pins recipes like crazy and hardly ever makes them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've had a few successes (Nutella stuffed chocolate chip muffins, for one), but I have definitely pinned way more than I will ever make :)

      Delete
  2. This made me giggle. I haven't tried the pancakes but I have attempted other recipes like no-chocolate chocolate pudding. Gross every single time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right? Terrible idea. It even sounds like a bad idea, but what if it's actually good? :)

      Delete
  3. I tried those pancakes and you are right! They were terrible!! I'm anxious to try those protein pancakes out there, I think flapjacked is one brand.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard of people putting protein powder in pancakes, I didn't know there were mixes!

      Delete
  4. This post made me laugh out loud. I love 2 ingredient pancakes! But I also eat soggy french toast and they resemble that texture. They're truly just a vehicle for maple syrup for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The texture was definitely my main problem. I'm sure I eat a lot of things that other people think are gross ;)

      Delete
  5. I swear I commented on this; maybe I didn't? Thanks for trying this recipe because I've been wondering how that could possibly be good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right? I had to know, and people really seem to like them. Silly Pinterest.

      Delete
  6. This book you're reading...I've been listening to it on audible :) - Tiny (your blog still hates me)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...