Friday, February 6, 2015

My Mind Goes Weird Places

Buddy was very tired this morning from all the sleeping he does. 


I had an easy three miles on the plan for today. I felt great for the first mile or so and then things tightened up a bit. My leg is definitely improving (for real this time!), I just have to wait a little bit longer to get back to normal. Right, patience, I'll work on that...

Apparently, I magically won a giveaway that I didn't enter:


Because this appeared on my front step this afternoon.


Not quite sure how that works, but hey, I like olives. And free things.

The first thing I thought of was that the lunch box is exactly the right size to carry ice cream in. You know, for all the times I need to carry my ice cream with me.

My mind goes weird places.

I also got this in the mail today:


PiYo is a combination of pilates and yoga that is geared at improving strength and flexibility - both of which I want to work on. I've heard good things, so I'm looking forward to checking it out.

Hope your weekend is off to a good start!

8 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your win! Olives are always good. A chopped olive sandwich sounds good. I must be hungry:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my gosh I completely forgot about chopped olive sandwiches - I can't remember the last time I had one!

      Delete
  2. My mind wanders around all day too. I try to keep it under control. I fail usually. lol oh well.
    Congrats on the win! I have been thinking about trying PiYo. I will be interested to see what you think of it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It's always fun to get surprises in the mail :) I'm excited to try PiYo out, it's supposed to be a faster pace than regular yoga, and the slow pace is usually what bothers me about yoga.

      Delete
  3. My mind always wanders. Chris calls my mind paths my "rabbit holes". Yay for free stuff! Funny you didn't even enter. I'm glad you're making progress w/ your leg & being smart about it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha rabbit holes - I like that description! I hate being smart about injuries, I just want to be better! :)

      Delete
  4. being smart and injuries are such a hard combination. Tell me how you like Piyo...I totally need strength and flexibility. =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So far I did Align, which goes through the proper alignment for a lot of the poses, and I did Define: Lower Body, which I actually liked. It was just the right amount of work and dynamic stretching so that I felt really good when I was done. I'm hoping that I can stick with it, because strength and flexibility are totally my weak points.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...