Thursday, February 5, 2015

Tempo Thursday

I started a really whiny post earlier, but I thought I would spare you most of it. I was scared to start my run because I was worried my leg/ankle was going to hurt. I feel like every time I think it's feeling better, it knocks me back down again. It has been really unpredictable.

I sucked it up and hit the basement for my tempo run - and wouldn't you know it, I didn't have to stop early! I would be lying if I said it was perfect. There was some discomfort, especially at the beginning, but I started really focusing on pushing off more with my big toe and everything just clicked. The pain was gone! It makes me wonder if I have been running with a weird gait lately.

Finished my tempo run with a warm up, 4 miles @ 8:42 and a cool down - 6 miles total. Success!

I let Buddy stay upstairs while I ran. He stayed in the same place the whole time I was running.


Where there's sun, you'll find Buddy.


He was less happy with snow blowing in his fact this morning.


Those Red Velvet Oreos from yesterday? Go buy some. I mean, if you like red velvet cake and you like Oreos, you can't go wrong. They're really good.

Dinner tonight was salmon (from Kodiak - thanks Mom!), asparagus, broccoli and cauliflower. Now I'm off to eat some tasty mocha cookie ice cream deliciousness!

6 comments:

  1. Love the snow picture of Buddy. That would make a good Christmas card!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm just surprised I got him to look at me, he always looks away when the camera is on!

      Delete
  2. He's so handsome!! I love your dog so much!!! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for a good run! It's amazing how running just a little differently can make things feel so much better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right? It's always amazing to me just how interconnected everything is and how an injury in one spot can cause pain somewhere completely different.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...