Saturday, September 6, 2014

That's funny, you don't look crazy

Humidity is my kryptonite.

My run with the group this morning was painful. The humidity was so high that I felt like I couldn't get a deep breath, and my legs felt like they were full of lead. I honestly felt like stopping several times throughout the run, and probably would have if I wasn't with the group.

Since we're looking at some more houses tomorrow, I decided to make today my long run day. After my super sweaty 6+ miles with the group, I planned on heading home and doing another 7 on the treadmill. One of the group said, "That's funny, you don't look crazy" when I said that was what I was going to do.

After a quick change to some dry clothes, I finished up my run and the second half of Pirates of the Caribbean.

And then I did something I pretty much never do - I took an ice bath. Granted, it was mostly just cold water, because I just used the ice we had in the freezer, but it was plenty cold!


I'm hoping it helps so I won't be too sore tomorrow.

I wasn't going anywhere, so I had a pretty sweet post-run outfit on. Nothing like a dress with compression socks and slippers.

Tom was very impressed.


It's ok to be jealous.

I made up a buffalo chicken pasta salad for dinner. It was super easy to throw together and it was really tasty! Plus it went well with our evening of beer and football.

2 comments:

  1. Very stylin' outfit! :D Humidity is the one thing that drains me before any other too. :( Maybe I should live in the mountains!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...