Saturday, September 27, 2014

Trail running and post-run math skills

I woke up bright and early to meet up with the group this morning. I was pretty excited to find leftover pancakes in the freezer because I was out of English muffins. I heated some up in the toaster and topped them with peanut butter.


I don't know where everyone was today, but it was a smaller group than usual. We went at a pretty good pace, I love that faster paces are starting to feel easier.

I left my sunglasses at home, so I drove over with my weird free sunglasses that everyone got when Pitbull came to Kodiak last year (or the year before). It was a whole thing.


I took a short break at home, took a Salted Watermelon GU (which Tom tried, he was not impressed), and drove back to Rockefeller State Park with Tom and Buddy. The guys went walking while I finished off my long run.



I didn't think too much about my pace until I hit my 4th (10th?) mile, and then I made a conscious effort to stay below a 10:00/mile pace. I didn't do the math until I got home, but I felt like I finished my 13.17 miles for the day in under 2 hours total.

I did.


I did the math right after I finished, so I'm only pretty sure it's right ;)

There was a break in the middle, but it definitely gives me more confidence for my race - 15 days left!

We're relaxing at home this afternoon, and this evening we are headed to New Jersey for the Notre Dame game, which should be a lot of fun!

Hope you're having a good Saturday!

3 comments:

  1. I'm so amazed at the paces you can hold for long runs! Do you attribute it to the group runs?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The group runs have definitely made a huge difference in my running! We run a pretty hilly loop, too, so I'm running more hills than I ever would on my own. I also have been doing speedwork for pretty much the first time ever. :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...