Saturday, September 20, 2014

It's a good thing I run

I've never really had running friends before. We were talking about my upcoming race today and discussing a race plan to help me reach my goal.

It also helps to talk with someone who has run with you and has run many marathons and half marathons and have them tell you that you can absolutely meet your goal. Definitely a confidence builder. At this point in my training, I feel like the only thing that might give me a hard time on race day is my mind, not my body.

We ran our usual Saturday route, and finished 6.52 miles in 59:23, 9:07 average pace. It felt like a lot of work today, and I had a stitch in my side, behind my ribs. I haven't gotten one in a while, and it slowed me down for a bit.

Tis the season for tons of candy - it's a good thing I run!


These are really good. The original ones are still better, but I like these a lot. The pumpkin shaped ones are my favorites though.

Buddy will sleep in some of the most awkward ways as long as he can still be touching Tom.


That's our coffee table that his head is wedged up against.

We have really exciting plans to relax on the couch this afternoon. I'm pretty excited about it! :)

2 comments:

  1. I love the pumpkin-shaped candies too. YUM!!! I'm so happy you've found a group of running friends. It makes things so much more fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so much more fun to have running buddies! Plus it's extra motivating on days when I don't feel like getting out the door.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...