Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Not too shabby

It was another long, long day at work today. More than 10 hours is too many with 12 toddlers.

I managed to convince myself to head to the basement for 4 easy miles after I got home. And then I didn't want to spend too much of my limited evening in the basement, so I ran faster than my training plan called for.

4 miles in 37:18 - not too shabby.

33 days until my race. I can already tell that I am going to be very nervous/excited when it gets closer. I've never really had a time goal other than faster than my last race, so declaring a goal is a little intimidating.

Tom sent me this picture of Buddy while I was at work - he was ready for Tom to stop working so he could play with him.


4 comments:

  1. Aww, how can your heart not melt at that pic. That would have made me want to come right home!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I swear he practices those looks when we're not home! Too cute.

      Delete
  2. I can't decide if him sending you that picture is sweet or mean! LOL I would hate to be away from that face! You do work such LONG hours. Are the same kids there all that time too? If so, I feel bad for them. My daughter is only at daycare at most 9 hours and I feel guilt about that. 12 hours would be crazy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are definitely a lot of full time kiddos there from 7-6, a few are extended until 7. It's a long day for everyone. A lot of parents commute to NYC (45 minutes by train) so that makes a difference in how long they're at the center.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...