Sunday, September 28, 2014

Happy Birthday Tom! Plus football and house hunting

It is Tom's birthday today! 


Happy birthday! :)

I got this in the mail yesterday - I'm pretty excited about it!


Last night we went to the Notre Dame football game at MetLife Stadium in NJ. There were 76,802 people there, which is insane to me.





We had a lot of fun, and it didn't hurt that Notre Dame won the game :) Tom caught a ball that accidentally got kicked into the stands before the game started. A state trooper made him give it back though.

This morning we went to see another house. It was built in 1900 (ish) and is on 7 acres. It's actually not too far away from the white house we were looking at. It has 3 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms, and a lot of cool built-in shelves and original exposed beams.


Driveway


Dining room (which the current owners seem to use as a second living room)


Living room


Kitchen


Bedroom #1


Bedroom #2 - the master bedroom had a walk in closet and a full bathroom


Bedroom #3


The entryway



It is way cuter in person - I really liked it!

Today is a rest day since I did my long run yesterday. We're relaxing this afternoon and meeting Tom's parents for dinner later on. All in all, a pretty nice weekend! :)

Also: Bones! Has anyone watched the season premiere? I have such strong feelings about it!

8 comments:

  1. LOVE that house! (although why didn't they make the bed a little more nicely if someone was coming to look...did you notice that? LOL!) Are you going to place an offer?

    70-some thousand people in one place IS a lot. That's more than most towns in my area!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We both really like the house, I think we will probably set up a second showing and try to get more information about exciting things like the septic system.

      I'm pretty sure that the current owners have toddler twin boys, so I will definitely cut them some slack for the hastily made bed! ;)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Right? I love that it's old, but has been really well taken care of :)

      Delete
  3. That house is gorgeous! By the way, I think I live near you. I live in Ossining. I recognize some places from your posts. Just wanted to say I like your blog and it's been great watching your running journey. I'm also thinking of getting a treadmill for my home and wondered what yours is and how you like it. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Small world! We're in Ossining :) It's so nice to hear you like the blog, thank you!

      I got my treadmill at Sam's Club, it's a ProForm Performance 400S. It has worked really well for me, it only goes up to 10mph, and inclines up to 10%, but for under $600 it has been really reliable. I have only had it since January, but with this winter I put a lot of miles on it!

      Delete
  4. This house looks fabulous! It's my favorite of all the ones you've shown so far!

    How cool to go to a night time football game. Too bad Tom had to give the football back!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is definitely our favorite house so far too, it's pretty much move in ready, and super cute!

      The game was a lot of fun! They have some ridiculous rule that if they choose to give you the ball (like if they toss it up after a touchdown) you can keep it, but if it's an accident, then you can't. Silly. Tom's mom got a picture of him with the ball before he had to give it back :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...