Sunday, September 14, 2014

More house pictures, a giant Buddha, and a long run

This morning we got up early so we could go back for a second look at one of the houses from last weekend.


It definitely needs some work (and a kitchen), but we both really like it. I remembered to take more pictures this time! :)

The original part of the house was built in the 1790s - super cool.

Garage


Some yard pictures - the property is actually huge - just shy of 35 acres!





The kitchen is kind of disassembled right now (and has a washing machine next to the stove), but it's a decent size.






There are pretty hardwood floors upstairs.


There's a very dated but pretty cool partially finished attic area.




A bunch of junk and the fireplace.


After we finished up at the house we stopped by this kind of randomly located Buddhist temple.


We had to check out the giant Buddha. The building it's in is seriously called Big Buddha Hall.


After we got home I realized I hadn't charged my headphones, so I putzed around the house for a bit to get them charged enough to last my long run.

13.19 miles in 2:11:21 - it was supposed to be slower, but it's really hard to stick to the 10:44 pace that my training plan wanted me to run. I tried to run the right pace for the first few miles and then after that I just ran what was comfortable.

I really love finishing races strong (and passing people at the bitter end), so I like to practice finishing up at a decent clip. My last mile was my fastest - 8:34.7 - I'll take it.

My race is somehow only 28 days away. I'm not sure how that happened.

4 comments:

  1. Wow! I don't know what I would ever do with 35 acres!
    Your time is great Becky! You're gonna rock that race!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It was definitely a confidence boosting run. :)

      Delete
  2. 35 acres, that is fantastic!! I'd take a fixer-upper house on a piece of property like that. Land is such a great investment. The house obviously needs a few touch ups but the layout is cool and I think it will be gorgeous after some TLC!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The land is definitely the big draw, for sure!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...