Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Changes

You may have noticed a lack of whining about lesson plans lately. Or maybe you feel like you haven't been seeing adorable toddler art projects for the last month or so. There's a reason for that.


The short version of the story: I gave my notice at work back in the middle of August, but have been sticking around to help while they find a new teacher.

The longer version of the story: To be a toddler teacher at my center you have to hold a bachelor's degree. If it is not in Early Childhood Education (ECE), you have to have a certain number of credits in education, specifically ECE.


My degree is in history.

The last time the state came through they decided not to count some of my credits from college because they were elementary education and not early childhood. They said I could remain in my position if I immediately started the process of getting my Child Development Associate (CDA) credential. The only qualification you need to get a CDA is a GED. It's expensive, time consuming, and, quite frankly, a little insulting.

I have been thinking about making a change at work for a while anyway, but this was the deciding factor.


My last day will be September 30th, and I'm still trying to figure out my next plan. The timing works out well as my mom is coming to visit for a couple of weeks in October. Now we'll have more time to hang out! :)

I will definitely miss my little munchkins, but I'm also looking forward to the change.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...