Sunday, February 2, 2014

Treadmill long run

Happy Super Bowl Sunday!

We're heading up to a party in a little while, but this morning I had a long run to get in. I actually like doing long runs on the treadmill because you're supposed to run 1-2 minutes slower than your race pace and I find it really hard to start out slow enough and end up getting tired early. The treadmill helps me keep pace.

Before:


Employing the "don't look at the screen" maneuver:


I watched Penelope while I ran, it ended up being just the right length. A silly, but cute movie.


I learned that my treadmill loses the accuracy of seconds once you get over an hour. And the calorie counter gets confused when it goes over 1000.


Happy and just a tiny (hahaha) bit sweaty at the end.


Now to finish up some laundry and get ready to enjoy some food and football.

4 comments:

  1. You look so cute! I haven't seen you in so long! Glad you got the treadmill so you can run in the winter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's been really nice! Plus Tom reminded me that it gets hot in the summer so I'll probably be using it then too!

      Delete
  2. Glad you are enjoying the new TM. I have learned not to look at the screen as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Time goes so much faster if you don't look at the screen! :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...