Wednesday, February 19, 2014

No nap

Working with little kids is draining. The same kid who is scratching you and screaming at you one minute really just needs a hug a few seconds later. We had some serious emotional roller coasters today.

We really need the snow to melt. The kids haven't gotten outside in weeks and their energy is close to a breaking point. Today we had 10 kids and nap time felt like there were 30 of them. Two didn't nap, even though one of them woke up at 5 this morning. They're getting a little crazy.

I'm hoping they aren't too insane tomorrow, we're baking muffins. I don't know if you've ever tried to bake with ten two year olds, but it gets interesting. And messy. 

The stunning view out my car window at lunch:


For some reason everyone was late picking up their kids today so I didn't leave until 6. I'm hoping that doesn't happen again tomorrow - I have 7 miles to put in after work.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...