Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Mental Block

Sometimes I think I have a mental block when it comes to the treadmill. Something about MPH throws me off. My comfortable pace is much slower than it is when I run outside - until I push myself.

I ran an 8:40 mile with no trouble today, because I actually pushed myself. And after that, my usual pace felt really slow. My treadmill doesn't show pace, just speed, and while I can convert it pretty quickly in my head I think I might find a pace chart to have on my treadmill for quick reference.

I got my tax refund so I did a little online shopping. I got this jacket in the mail today. It's a little more fitted than I am used to, but I wore it while I warmed up tonight and I really like it.


 I slept through my alarm this morning (and still made it to work on time) so I should probably head up to bed.

Do you feel like you run differently on the treadmill vs outside?

1 comment:

  1. I absolutely run different on a TM than outside. I'm MUCH slower on TM. I would get frustrated at first but now instead of concentrating on running for distance I just run for time. 30 minutes is 30 minutes no matter how far you go!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...