Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Busy day off

Buddy took one look at the snow berm at the end of the driveway this morning and decided to relieve himself in the middle of the driveway instead. He kept looking at me like I put all the snow there and was more than ready to come inside after about a minute.



Thankfully work is closed today so I didn't have to try to drive in this crazy weather. I decided to wait for the freezing rain to stop before shoveling the driveway.

I had a decently long run (6 miles) on the schedule for tomorrow but since I'm home I decided to take advantage and get it in today. I did a one mile warm up at 12:00/mile pace, 4 at 10:00/mile and then a cool down mile at 12:00/mile. I watched part of the first Harry Potter movie while I ran and Buddy took a nap.


I'm really liking my new shoes, it took a bit to get used to them as they are more supportive (and therefore heavier) than my purple PureFlows.


After my run I headed out to shovel the driveway. The rain on top of the snow made it ridiculously heavy and I was running out of places to put it all. After an hour and a half of shoveling (and learning that my waterproof boots are no longer waterproof) I finally cleared it all.

Now I feel pretty content to do as little as possible for a while.

4 comments:

  1. Glad you didn't have to worry about driving to work in this weather! Snow days are the best when we can just stay home and hang out with our dogs, yes?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep! I'll take a snow day with Buddy any day!

      Delete
  2. I am so jealous of your snow! Sounds like a fun day:)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...