Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Goldfish crackers are not always a good idea

I worked late again today, so I really didn't want to run. But it was only supposed to be 2 miles so I made myself do it anyway.

In case you were wondering, eating a whole bunch of goldfish crackers right before you run, even if it is just 2 miles, is not the best idea.

I feel like running a little when you're tired is good for the mental side of running. There's always a part in a race where there's a shift from the physical challenge to a mental challenge. The part of the race where your legs are tired and you have a cramp in your side/calf/thigh and you start to think about how nice it would feel to stop. That's when the mental part of your training kicks in and helps you push on to the finish.

Buddy uses his Kong as a pillow, even though he is laying on a giant pillow.


Tom made beef stew for dinner, in case you were wondering. It was delicious.

2 comments:

  1. LOL at your dog!! Glad you got out there even though you didn't want to. I always feel better after a run no matter how bad I didn't want to do it, but that's hard to remember sometimes!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...