Monday, June 23, 2014

Sightseeing

We originally planned on doing a little less walking today, and talked about taking one of those hop-on, hop-off bus tours. Instead, we did a lot of walking again. 

We went by Harrod's, which we quickly learned wasn't really our style. 


Super-shopping madness. 

We found some tasty Lebanese food for lunch and ate way too much. It was really good. 

Some sights from around town. 




Part of Westminster Abbey. 


We missed the cutoff to actually go inside, which was a bit of a bummer, but it was cool to walk by anyway. 

Big Ben and the Eye. 




Parliament


We also stopped by Paddington Station to buy my train ticket to the airport. The train I took when I got here doesn't run as early as I need to be at the airport, which I didn't think about when I bought my ticket. 

So I'll take a short cab ride to the train station (early!) in the morning and then the train to the airport. 

4 comments:

  1. The buildings are so ornate and busy compared to our plain/boring ones:)You guys put on a lot of miles! That was a whirlwind trip, glad you got to go. Safe travels!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you make me want to go to england so bad. so. bad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you guys get to go - there's so much to see!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...