Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Conferences, cookies, and a dramatic dog

My mind is all over the place this week. I knew it was Wednesday today, but I kept expecting one of my kiddos who only comes on Tuesdays and Thursdays to show up. I don't know why, but I thought he was supposed to be there. My assistant had to remind me that he doesn't come on Wednesdays.

I got to (sort of) leave at 2 today, it was really nice. The sort of is because I had to go back at 5 for a conference.

I managed to get almost all of our Father's day projects finished. I think I only have two left, and one of them is currently on vacation, so I can't do much about that.

Buddy was excited that I came home early, because that meant we got to go for a walk in the middle of the day instead of our usual quick out and back in that happens at lunch time.

I got a nice run in after my conference. 3 miles, and they felt good!


It was HOT in the basement.

I ran close to Buddy's dinner time.


He's so dramatic.

And then I made some Milky Way cookies.


I'm pretty sure I got this idea from something I read on The Hungry Runner Girl a while ago, but I can't find it now. I just made regular chocolate chip cookie dough and added a bunch of chopped up Milky Way bites. Hard to go wrong with cookies!

I'll keep a few and bring the rest to work - everybody wins!

6 comments:

  1. Oh you have me hungry for cookies now! Love that shirt you have on!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! There are days I need the extra motivation from my shirt :)

      Delete
  2. i hate it when one day masquerades as another day. throws off my whole internal clock system. hope you get back on track tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it annoying when that happens? I think I'm all caught up now, no way I'm forgetting that tomorrow is Friday! :)

      Delete
  3. Those cookies sound interesting. I will have to try them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They turned out pretty tasty, but then, so do most cookies :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...