Sunday, January 31, 2016

Weekend Things

Things are happening with the house again! We had the plumber and electrician out this weekend for a few little things. They needed to get finished because insulation work starts tomorrow!

We actually started talking about paint colors today - it's happening! We aren't going to live in a construction zone forever!  :)

The plumber was going to be here early on Saturday morning, so I didn't think I would be able to meet up with my running group. He ended up having a schedule change which worked out nicely for me.

I was up and out the door early on Saturday and ran just shy of 7 miles on the trails with my group. Some of our normal trails still had snow/ice on them from last weekend's storm, so we were a little limited in our route.


I came home and lounged around with the pooch and some coffee.


My post-run clashing game is only growing stronger.


I got my race packet for the Nuun Year Dash, a virtual race that's being held next weekend. I'm not usually big on virtual races, but when it's hosted by Nuun, you know I can't say no!


There's a new flavor of Nuun coming out next week - I've heard a rumor that it's orange mango. I'm not usually big on all things mango, but I'll definitely give it a try!


Today was mostly errands and chores. I took our recycling in, which we only do about once every 6 months or when it threatens to take over the kitchen. Today's haul was 215 bottles and cans, which may be a record for us. The afternoon was spent moving firewood from the wood pile to the front porch, necessary, but no fun.

Today was also the last day of Yoga Camp. I have really enjoyed yoga camp, and I'm really impressed that I did every single day. It showed me that I can always find/make time to get a little yoga/stretching in. I'm really good about getting my runs in, but I'm also really good at convincing myself I don't have time for the other stuff.

So, what's next? Well, I'm almost definitely signing up for a free trial week of Adriene's subscription site, and we'll see how things go from there.


I may have started looking at fall marathons this weekend. Maybe.

12 comments:

  1. Orange mango?! That sounds fantastic!! My fave flavors are triple berry and watermelon so a citrus flavor would be great!! Buddy is too sweet! Can't wait to see the paint colors!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Watermelon is my absolute favorite, with strawberry lemonade a close second.

      Delete
  2. Mango is also not my fave but when it's a mango-combo flavor I'm usually all over it. I LOVE Nuun--there is nothing like it. Well, I think there is some kind of copy cat but it's nothing like the OG.

    Buddy is a rockstar sleeper!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Buddy is the best sleeper, especially on days he goes running!

      Delete
  3. Beautiful shot of the sunrise (Sunset?) those colors look amazing!

    MMmmm Mango!! I love Mango, maybe I'll give Nuun a try. I don't do Gatorade, but have been wanting to try Nuun.

    good job on your run!

    Buddy is the cutest sleeping dog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sunrise! I have to take pictures of it because I don't usually see it. ;)

      Nuun is my favorite (I'm an ambassador) - watermelon is my go-to flavor, but they have a bunch to choose from.

      Delete
  4. That sunrise photo looks amazing.

    I'm a gatorade fan myself and never had an issues with it. I actually don't care for NUUN as much because it's bubbly and I haven't found a flavor I really like too much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!

      I haven't had any problems with gatorade, I actually really like half freezing powerade - it comes out like a slushy! :) I prefer Nuun because it's less sweet than the others.

      Delete
  5. post-run clashing game....LOL! By the way, Duncan also has the double bed setup. You can never be too cushioned. OOOH, fall marathon thoughts are brewing.....that's exiting....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The double bed setup is a must for pampered pooches ;)

      I was looking at a half in October and Tom was like, "so no marathon then?" and it got me thinking. There are a few I'm looking at, but I may end up doing Steamtown again. It's a really well-run race!

      Delete
  6. You have some great tights! I highly approve of the post-run clashing you've got going on.

    Looking at fall marathons sounds exciting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The fun tights are all new - I only recently ventured away from black tights. The colors are fun!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...