Monday, January 4, 2016

Back At It

I had just enough of a break from work to start sleeping in again. The alarm this morning was definitely a rude awakening.

I spent a ridiculous amount of time wandering around the grocery store after work. I am the queen of indecision and I couldn't think of anything that sounded good for dinner. I'm a little surprised no one asked me if I needed help...or if I was lost.

It got COLD today!


Half marathon training has begun! Not that I've actually registered yet, but Sleepy Hollow is a small race, so I don't have to worry about it selling out. I did register for a 5k the other day though. I haven't raced a 5k in...years I think. It's not my strongest distance, but some friends are going to be running it, and I convinced Tom to sign up too!

I had to dig out my one pair of full length tights for my run today. I even wore a long sleeve shirt under my jacket, which never happens. The wind was super cold.


I had to keep turning my neck gaiter - every time I pulled it down it would freeze. The funny thing was that it didn't even cross my mind to not run today. I'm sure our neighbors think I'm crazy.

Most of the time I do my yoga upstairs in the office, but I was so cold after my run today that I brought my mat downstairs and set up by the wood stove. I pretty much love all of Adriene's videos (which is why I never stop talking about them), but I am really enjoying Yoga Camp!

I absolutely refused to wear five layers to go outside and cook dinner, so I used the wood stove instead. It actually turned out pretty tasty - and I was warm the whole time! I count that as a win.


Apparently the roaring fire I have going isn't good enough for Buddy tonight. He kept pawing at his bed and looking at me sadly until I helped him get in his cave. He hasn't moved since.


Are you a shopping list maker or do you wander the store like me?

Have you started registering for races yet? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...