Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Under the Weather

We're kind of under the weather over here today. All those kids we work with are little germ factories, so it's kind of a wonder we're not sick all the time.

Mostly I just have a cold and no energy, it's really nothing major - but it's still no fun.

In more exciting news: Tom made an awesome dinner the other night. Ribs, mac and cheese (from scratch) and kale. I almost ate myself to a Thanksgiving level of fullness. My picture ended up really dark, but you get the idea. 


I thought the clouds looked cool when I woke up the other day.


The insulation was delivered on Tuesday. Tom gave them a little tractor assistance so they didn't have to move it all by hand.


The whole process is pretty cool, and extremely messy. They put mesh up on the walls and then blow in the cellulose insulation. There's more to it than that, but that's the general idea.


The drywall is supposed to get delivered tomorrow so they will start installing that in the next few days. Pretty soon it will look more like a a finished house and less like a construction zone!

For dinner tonight we made a previous Blue Apron recipe again. Chicken and Udon Noodle Soup. It's delicious, and super easy. The recipe calls for a dried lime and chicken demi-glace, but we just used lime zest/juice and chicken stock and it still turned out amazing.

Nuun has officially released its new and improved formula and the new Mango Orange Nuun Energy flavor!


I have to go through all our kitchen boxes to find all the Nuun tubes I have lying around so I can decide if I actually need to re-stock or if I just need to reorganize ;)

4 comments:

  1. I hope you're feeling better soon! Udon and miso soups will always bring me back from the dead.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The soup was awesome, and all the ginger we put in there had to do some good! :)

      Delete
  2. I hope you feel better. The soup sounds like it was great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I'm already a lot better today! The soup is a seriously awesome recipe :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...