Monday, January 18, 2016

Windy Running

I miss my treadmill. 

The wind is SO cold right now, which makes me really miss the temperature controlled basement where my treadmill used to live. I didn't have to wear all the layers, I could just go downstairs. 

Yes, I realize that I was just saying I wanted it to be winter, but I am not a fan of the wind we have had the last few days. 


I don't mind the cold - I have gear for that, but the wind just cuts through everything. 

Running outside definitely provides a prettier view than the treadmill though. 


The 100 day fitness challenge group that I'm in is in the middle of a plank challenge. I hate planks. We're up to 2 1/2 minutes and I just cannot hold my plank that long. I made it about 1:45 today and did a couple more after for a total of 3 minutes of planks.


I know core work is good for me, I just don't like it.

Do you have a favorite way to work your core? Or do you just ignore yours like I do?

10 comments:

  1. I did a 30 day plank challenge and got up to 3.5 mins. HOWEVER, whenever it really started to burn I would change plank positions. So I would go from forearms to hands to right side plank back to center them to left side plank then back to center. It might be cheating but all I know is it made the time go by much faster!!

    I'm really sucking on the 30 day yoga boot camp now :(

    RDS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have gone from forearms to hands, I am definitely going to add in side planks tomorrow! I vote that it's not cheating!

      There is no sucking at yoga camp, it will be there when you have time for it! :)

      Delete
  2. I agree cold is one thing. Wind is a whole different animal. I've been trying to wait/hope for some sun for a tiny bit of warmth, however minimal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I try to wait until the windchill is above zero. That seems reasonable to me, which is a little crazy.

      Delete
  3. I'm definitely not a fan of super windy running (or biking). I hope you get a break from it soon. Planks are really challenging for me -- which probably means I should try to do them more. I usually rely on yoga for my core work, but my schedule keeps changing making it hard to fit in classes here lately.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not looking like the wind is going anywhere this week - plus we're adding in snow this weekend! I can almost never find time to get to an actual yoga class, that's why I am addicted to Yoga with Adriene.

      Delete
  4. OOh!! Wind running is the worst!!

    A 2.30 min plank? What type of torture is that? I can only hold it for about 50 seconds before I start to shake. Great job on the 1.45 planks!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It's been a gradual build up, though I can't keep up with the challenge - it increases too fast!

      Delete
  5. Your scenery is amazing. I love going through the seasons vicariously through your pics.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Having the seasons is fun! When I lived on the west coast we mostly had rain. :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...