Monday, December 30, 2013

Success, and some screaming

I've pretty much made it through my first month with my class. Tomorrow is a short day, in theory everyone should be picked up by 3 so we can enjoy our new years.

I had to turn in my lesson plans and monthly newsletter on Friday and got them back with only positive comments. Guess I'm figuring out what my bosses are looking for.

A new kiddo started his first full day today. He did an amazing job except for a meltdown right after nap time. Nothing I could do would calm him down, so I let him have his freak out with a few reassuring words from time to time. Eventually, (after waking up half the class) he threw himself back on his mat and just stayed there for a while. My grumpy little friend kept pointing at the new kiddo to let me know he was crying for his mom - in case I couldn't tell from the screaming.

In case you were wondering, and I know you were, Tom got me some very cool things for Christmas. Some highlights (since you don't really need the full list) include a Whirley Pop popcorn maker, a plaque to hang my running medals on and this super cool map engraving of Alaska from 1889.


And my rock, paper, scissors, lizard, Spock shirt. The Big Bang Theory is hilarous and this shirt happens to be the softest shirt ever.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...