Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Progress

My back is sore from holding kids. I'm out of kid shape.

My crying all day kiddo actually played today and only cried excessively in the afternoon. We're making progress. At snack time he decided he was ready to go and pulled everything out of his cubby. He was unsuccessfully trying to put his hat on when his mom got there. Luckily she's laid back and thought it was funny. There are other parents who would not have reacted well.

I have a really wide range of ages in my class, usually they try to keep them within a few months of each other. I have birthdays from February to December in my room. The parents of the older kids are concerned about this fact and have not hesitated to let me know their displeasure. Never mind that it's only day 3 and we're still getting into the swing of things. One of them has already requested that we have a meeting to discuss their expectations. Their daughter is 2. People need to relax.

My coworkers were dropping like flies today. There's a stomach bug going around. In fact, you should probably go wash your hands. My assistant left around 11 and I had a rotation of random people helping out the rest of the day. I'm really looking forward to when I'm not working 10 hour days.

Oh, and Buddy says hi -

2 comments:

  1. Welcome to Westchester. It was not unusual to have parent meetings when I was teaching 7th grade, and comments and questions regarding admission to Ivy League colleges would come up. Hi back at Buddy, hope he is adjusting to having a working mom.....and I am sure he hopes the 10 hour days will end soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been going home at lunch to let him out, so he's not suffering too much at least.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...