Sunday, November 10, 2013

Pile on the Miles

I love running, I really do. Except when I don't.
New trail running shoes!
Motivation is really tough some days (like when the weather sucks or days when the couch is just SO comfortable). That's why I always grab any extra motivation that comes along. Last year I participated in a holiday running streak, running at least one mile every day from Thanksgiving to New Years. So when I read about Pile on the Miles on one of my favorite running blogs (Run Eat Repeat) I signed right up.

My goal for the month is 50 miles. I'm a little behind where I wanted to be at this point, but it's still early in the month.
Our run today was not the best ever. My Garmin couldn't find me for a while, so I just started running and have no record of the first half mile or so (and I love all the graphs and numbers my Garmin gives me). Buddy decided that he wanted to stop and smell everything and I kept having to slow down so I didn't die on the rocks and tree roots along the trail.

On the bright side, my new trail running shoes are awesome and we still got a couple of miles in. As I sometimes have to remind myself, even one or two miles is better than none.

I'll leave you with this picture of Buddy being thoughtful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...