Saturday, February 20, 2016

I Need More Sleep

I debated turning off my alarm last night. We stayed up later than I intended, and the thought of waking up early so I could go run didn't sound very fun.


When it did go off this morning, I hit snooze, and tried to come up with an excuse to go back to sleep. Tom convinced me to get up, and I made the drive to meet up with my weekend running group.

Of course, I'm so glad I did.

The weather was really nice after last weekend's sub-zero temperatures. The sun was out and it was in the 40s for most of our run. And as an added bonus, I felt really good for the entire 7 miles!

My GPS lost me at some point, because it only came up with 6.5 miles. I've run those trails enough to  know that's not quite right.


I'm really good at getting less sleep on the weekends than I do during the week. I stay up later and then wake up around the same time as I usually do. It's not the best system.

Do you get more sleep during the week or on the weekend?

Any exciting plans for your Sunday?

8 comments:

  1. I wake up at the same time every day no matter how late I went to bed the night before. Super frustrating! I hope you got in a long nap after that 7 miler. It sounds like it was a good run!

    Tonight, The Walking Dead. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're SO behind on TWD - like almost an entire season...

      Delete
  2. I try to get a little more sleep on the weekends but the dogs wanna go out at 5:30 no matter what so they pretty much ruin it. A pleasant 7 miler is awesome. That glimpse of spring we had was so nice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The spring moment was awesome - I can't wait for more sunny days! Until summer...and then I'll want it to be fall ;)

      Delete
  3. I always sleep the most on Sundays, and I really enjoy it!

    Yes! the nice weather was very much appreciated!! Especially after so many subzero days! ok, it was only about 5, but it felt much longer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, it seemed like it was cold forever!

      Delete
  4. I think my sleep pattern is sort of all over the place. I love the few times that I've gotten in bed before 11 and then wake up at 6 nice and refreshed. BUT, that rarely happens. I really like my late night hours to kind of decompress from the day but then I am too groggy to get out of bed early the next morning. I have never really had a runner's schedule....all that early-to-rise business!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I am definitely not an early riser. I will never be a morning runner. I'm more of a mid-morning/afternoon runner :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...