Thursday, February 18, 2016

Seen On My Run and a House Update

I hate speed work.

I know it is pretty much the best way to get faster, but damn, it's hard

Tuesday was supposed to be my speed work day, but it was pouring pretty much all day long, so I shifted it to Wednesday.

My training plan called for 8x400m repeats, so I set my watch (I love that it keeps track of intervals for me) and dragged myself out the door. The area around our house is decidedly not flat, and I don't like to have to drive to a track to do speed work. I run a warm up mile to the flattest part of our neighborhood and do my repeats there instead. 

It was actually a really successful speed work session: all my repeats were between 6:19 and 7:30 pace. The 6:19 was my last repeat, because I like to push the limit on my final interval. 

This is my triumphant/exhausted face before I headed off for the mile back to the house. 


Every time I run by this I think about taking a picture to show you guys:


That's not alive. There are taxidermied animals in the trees in someone's yard. Like, more than one. There's also a tiny old cemetery back between the trees and that red building. 

It's weird. 

The sheetrock guys packed up on Wednesday and the addition is really starting to look like a house!

The master bedroom:



The stairs to the attic:


The new attic space:




Now we're talking paint (like, actually going to buy it) and flooring. It's pretty exciting!

6 comments:

  1. Okay that taxidermy stuff is just WEIRD!! Your master bedroom & attic look great! I love the smell of the new plaster. I can't wait to see it all painted & with your furniture!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right? Those animals seriously made me jump the first time I saw them. I didn't notice them until the leaves fell.

      I can't wait until everything isn't covered in sheet rock dust! :)

      Delete
  2. Will you be using the attic for storage or living space? Looks like it's going to be a super addition. So bright.
    I haven't done speedwork since 2014. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The old part of the attic is going to be our storage space, the new part is going to be our new theater room. It used to be set up in the basement at the old house, so it will be fun when the screen is set up again!

      Delete
  3. People can be so strange. That weirdness reminds me of that serial killer that buried his bodies in the woods on his property and his wife and kids didn't know.

    The master & attic look great!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...