Saturday, February 27, 2016

Double Digits

I keep having runs where I drag my feet getting out the door, and for the first mile or so, and then I suddenly feel better and end up having a really good (and fast!) run. It's weird. I guess it's better than being excited to run and having a sluggish run.

Check out this 5 miler from Friday:


I can't believe there's a mile that starts with a 7 in there!

My Saturday started off extra early this morning. 


Some of my weekend running buddies decided to meet up for 3 miles before the regular Saturday 7 miles that we run. I had a 10 miler on my training plan this weekend anyway, and 10 miles with friends always goes faster than 10 solo miles.


It was a brisk 17 degrees out when I left the house, though it warmed up to a toasty 23 by the time I parked the car, tied my shoes and hit the trails. Three of us ran 3 early miles and went back to the parking lot to meet up with the rest of the group.

I kept having to remind myself that we had already run a few miles, because some miles felt tougher than they normally would have. We had to run a bit past our cars to hit 10 miles, but we weren't about to come up short after waking up early to run. I'm happy with the 9:28 pace we managed to maintain.

Plus it's nice to have a recent double digit run. I think the last time I hit 10 miles was on Thanksgiving.

I drove home and waffled up some cinnamon rolls (because we don't have an oven).


Post-long-run breakfast lunch of champions.



What's your run this weekend?

Do you have a go-to post-long-run meal?

6 comments:

  1. Awesome run!!! That mine with a 7 in the front is impressive :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you were able to get out there though. I've never waffled cinnamon rolls but seeing someone else do it motivates me. They look awesome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Waffling is so much faster! 3-4 minutes to deliciousness :)

      Delete
  3. Drooling at those waffled cinnamon rolls! My last double digit run was the NYC Marathon 4 months ago! But in about 2-3 weeks i think I'll hit 10.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's funny how 10 miles can seem long or short depending on where you're at in a training cycle :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...