Sunday, February 14, 2016

A Frigid Weekend Wrap-up

This is a little bit of a random post, but I'm pretty sure you're used to it by now.

This used to be a window. Now the other side of that wall is the master bathroom. 


Tom made a delicious deep-dish pizza in the cast iron pan on Thursday. There were no leftovers.


It was COLD this weekend. I did a little pre-run layering strategizing on Saturday. I ended up wearing all of this except for the New Balance half-zip. I was almost too hot.


This was the weather a bit before I left the house:


It actually got colder by the time I got home. The wind was the worst part, but I'm glad I got my 8 miles in.


When I woke up today (Sunday) it was -10 degrees. That was the actual temperature, not the feels like temperature. Thank goodness it was a running rest day, because there was no way I was going outside to run.

Buddy is not a fan of the cold. He's been spending even more time than usual hiding in his cave bed.


The addition is really starting to look like a real house!

This is in our new bedroom. The doorway on the right is the hallway, the doorway on the left is the master bathroom.


This is from the other side of the room, the doorway is the same hall doorway in the picture up above.  The big opening is going to be our closet.


We can officially access the new attic space without a ladder! Tom and our neighbor put the stairs in this weekend.



And Buddy did this.


It's possible that I registered for another half marathon this weekend too. That means I have 2 half marathons and a trail 10k coming up, and there are several other races on my radar. I will probably end up with at least one more half and a full in the fall.

But then, the plan can always change!

6 comments:

  1. Great progress on the addition! That's always so fun. Buddy is the snuggliest dog ever. Smart guy. Extra style points for coordinating your cold weather run gear colors so well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you think that color coordination is anything but a coincidence you would be wrong! Somehow all of my winter stuff just happens to be purples and blues ;)

      Delete
  2. It looks like you are making amazing progress.

    Which halves are you looking at?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm definitely running the Sleepy Hollow Half in March and the Hook Half in Congers in April. I'm also looking at the Walkway Half (Poughkeepsie) and the Rhinebeck Hudson Valley half.

      The Hook is the only one I haven't run before. I like to race fairly close to home if I can help it.

      Delete
  3. (When I read "This used to be a window" it made me think of "This used to be a Pizza Hut," haha.)

    I love the blank canvas that is your master bedroom! I'd be having way too much fun with paint and tile samples!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been playing on paint websites - endless colors to check out! I'll be excited until it's actually time to paint ;)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...