Thursday, June 11, 2015

Packing and Running

Things are busy busy around here!

Unless your name is Buddy, and then it's just business as usual.


My training plan has flown out the window and I'm getting a few miles in where I can. I find myself saying things like "well, at least I'll have well-rested legs on race day" and "maybe this extreme taper will make me run faster." Positive thinking, no?

My run today was a fun one. I ended up running 5 treadmill miles (it is super gross outside - hot and humid) and felt great! This is the complete opposite of my final run before my last race. That run left me feeling tired and not ready to run. This run made me feel good about racing in a couple days.


Race day is in two days and moving day is in four. No big deal, right? We're living in a sea of boxes (because we finally started packing) and I'm trying to find the balance between getting things packed and leaving enough things in the kitchen so we can still cook dinner.


Buddy is thoroughly confused about what's going on, and he doesn't like the look of all the boxes. Once he's free to frolic in his new yard, I know he'll be happy, but for now he's pretty concerned. Moving is stressful for everyone.

Now I'm off to take a break to watch the Bone season finale. I hate finale episodes because I don't do well with cliffhangers - I want to know what happens right now!

3 comments:

  1. How exciting!! Unless you're buddy. LOL! I'm sure you will be well-rested for your race and ready to go!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, poor Buddy is a little confused, but he'll be happy in a few more days!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...