Saturday, June 20, 2015

A Humid Run and Yard Work

Holy cow it's been a busy few days, and we're just getting started!

I made it out for my first run in our new neighborhood yesterday. It was also the first run since the race last weekend - there have just been so many things going on!

It was a pretty warm and humid day, but I went out without a real plan, and ended up having a really good run! There are a lot of rolling hills around the house, but not much traffic, and plenty of shade. I ran just over 4 miles at 8:58 pace - and it didn't feel like I was killing myself.

Marathon training official starts on Monday - I took this week as a moving/rest week in between training cycles. Hopefully that means I'll be ready to go come Monday.

Tom has been having fun getting new things. He got this grill which took us far less than the estimated 4 hours to assemble. It's currently the only way we can cook anything - thank goodness it's summer!


And he got a fancy new lawn mower.


Tom would like me to point out that he is in fact wearing pants in that picture.

We have a lot of lawn to mow.


And that's not even all of it! The yard is looking much nicer though. We spent most of the day working on clearing out the overgrown garden areas and picking up trash and sticks.


For now, we're trying to find a balance between not feeling like we're camping (though we are sleeping on the mattress on the floor since our box spring didn't fit up the stairs), and not unpacking very many things. The work is going to start on the house fairly soon, so we don't want to unpack just to pack things up again.

We're all a little tired from all the changes.


10 comments:

  1. Try and rest when you can...looks like buddy is adjusting

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for new toys! You think you'll eventually be able to let Buddy off-leash?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely! We're getting fencing materials for the yard next week and we're going to work on Buddy's off-leash training so he can go up in the woods with us too.

      Delete
    2. Awesome!! He's going to be so happy. I was going to say he'd be worn out from all of the outdoor play but is it even possible for him to be more sleepy? LOL!

      Delete
  3. Good luck with training once it starts! That's a really nice backyard :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm trying not to look too far ahead on my training plan so I don't freak out at those 20 milers! :)

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. They're cuter than the dirty looks he gives me when he's awake! :)

      Delete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...