Saturday, November 29, 2014

Icy trail running and Christmas tree time

Um, it was really cold this morning.

Like, really cold.


We had a surprisingly large group for our run this morning, especially considering there was ice and snow on the trails.

I forgot to start my Garmin before we started moving, so it took until about 2.25 miles in for it to find me. Fortunately, we run the same trails every Saturday, so I was able to estimate the distance/pace based on what time we left and what time my Garmin started.

This is how I felt for most of the run:


I'm not used to the cold weather yet.

6.6(ish) miles at around a 9:07 pace. Not bad for all the ice dodging we were doing!

It's after Thanksgiving, so that means it's time to get the Christmas decorations out (those are the rules)! Tom was less excited, as this meant he had to carry heavy things up and down the basement stairs. Well, he didn't have to, but I don't think he wanted to watch how I move the heavy things up and down the stairs...I did it last year and didn't die or break anything. :)


Part of the beauty of our decorations is that there aren't very many of them. We pretty much do the tree and call it good. But I love having the tree up. It just makes me happy!


There are still a few branches I need to fluff up a little better, but I'm pretty happy with it.

Do you have your tree up yet? 

Real tree or fake tree?

-We always used to go out and cut our Christmas tree down, and I love the smell of real trees, but I have to say, the convenience of an artificial tree is pretty awesome - the lights are already on it! Plus, it takes all year to get rid of all the pine needles that fall off of real trees.

6 comments:

  1. Your tree is stunning! I'm glad you were able to get it up already. I love having it up Thanksgiving weekend too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I'm really excited to have the tree up - it just makes me happy!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. It's warming up for a few days, so hopefully the rest of the snow will melt off, it's not pretty snow anymore.

      Delete
  3. Your tree looks great! I use a faker tree! I'm usually the one who puts it up and takes it down, so it's just easier that way..lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! The fake tree is just so convenient! Plus it doesn't take a lot of time to put it up and I don't have to give it water. :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...