Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Snow, jewelry and my first DNS

The weathermen were not wrong. Well, they weren't completely wrong. It did snow all day, but I don't think we ended up with as much snow as they said there was going to be.

It started pretty early this morning.


And then it just kept falling.


It isn't supposed to stop until around 1am.

The real bummer is that it's enough snow to keep me from driving (my non-4wd car) to the Turkey Trot tomorrow. Not that it would be a lot of fun to run 5 miles in the 3+ inches of slush that are on the roads right now. I can only imagine how cold and wet my feet would be!

No thank you.

Technically this race will be my first DNS (did not start) which is lame, but on the bright side, it isn't a DNS because of an injury.

*Edit: Tom has informed me that the roads are not that bad, so now I'm debating how much I want to wake up at 5:30 in the morning/trying to figure out if there's space in a carpool my running group has going.*

I got the charm to go on my Motivate Wrap today.


Love it!


They have a lot of cute jewelry, you can check them out HERE.

Tonight I learned that not only are my waterproof boots no longer waterproof, they have almost no traction. No, I didn't fall, but there were a couple of close calls.

They've seen better days.


So now I'm drinking some of my favorite tea (pretty much the only tea I drink) and perusing shoe websites while I watch Willy Wonka (the original, because as much as I love Johnny Depp, the new one is weird).


We (and by we I mostly mean Tom) are in charge of bringing cranberry sauce and some roasted veggies for dinner tomorrow, so we're pretty low key as far as Thanksgiving prep goes.

What are your Thanksgiving plans?

4 comments:

  1. Bummer about the race!! I'll run in about anything but I am a huge wimp when it comes to driving in the snow. It is very pretty though!

    I hope you have a great holiday. We are headed to the Chicago suburbs to have dinner w/ my inlaws. After a morning run w/ my running group! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A lot of it was the driving - the race was somewhere I haven't been, so driving there in the dark/snow didn't sound really appealing. I ended up watching a movie with Tom and sleeping in instead. I don't feel bad about missing the race.

      Have a great Thanksgiving and a great run! :)

      Delete
  2. It's always tough choosing if I want to do a race based on weather conditions. Honestly I've always chose to do them (mostly because I don't want to lose my money) and I've never regretted it! I just wrote about studded shoes on my blog today, if you have some screws and a drill you should try to make shoes for running tomorrow! No matter what, stay safe and warm and enjoy your thanksgiving tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Honestly, a lot of it was driving there, though when I looked out the window this morning I did think "I'm glad I'm not running (and probably falling) in that right now.

      I may have to check out studding a pair of shoes if the winter here is as bad as last year! Thanks! :)

      Have a great run and a great Thanksgiving!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...