Monday, November 24, 2014

New goals, new shoes and snow?

Happy Monday!

You may have noticed that I have been running more lately (or you might have more important things to think about) - there's a reason for that.

Earlier this month I realized that if I put my mind to it, I could break 1,000 miles for the year, which would be pretty cool. Since I'm mentally busy (houses and jobs and cars, but with plenty of free time right now, I can get more runs in than I would normally be able to.

I'm just shy of 860 miles for the year right now. That means I have 37 days to run 140 miles. It sounds like a lot when I write it like that, but really it averages out to 3.78 miles per day. See how manageable that seems? :)

Also: I've been pretty consistently foam rolling lately, and it doesn't hurt nearly as much as when I only do it once in a while. Go figure.

My shoes came today.


They fit and everything!

In the spirit of my personal mileage challenge, I hit the treadmill for 5 miles this afternoon.


Buddy was confused by the room change, and wouldn't lay down until I dragged his bed into the unfinished part of the basement where the treadmill is.


He was definitely ready to leave the basement when I was done.


I listened to an episode of Serial while I did some dishes and finally put away the laundry that I started yesterday. More than half of my laundry doesn't go in the dryer (running clothes) so I had things hanging all over the basement.

We have a winter storm watch starting on Wednesday - they're talking 6-10 inches of snow. That might put a damper on my plans to run a 5 mile Turkey Trot on Thanksgiving morning. And by might, I mean - if there's that much snow, I'm not going. I'll Turkey Trot myself right down to the treadmill.

Tom assembled an amazing salad for dinner.


You should definitely be jealous.

4 comments:

  1. I'm jealous of the salad and the chance of snow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I knew you would be jealous of the snow! I'm a little bummed that it might get in the way of my run, but I'm not planning on driving across the river in the dark, early morning in the snow. Let's not even talk about how early I would have to wake up to shovel my car out!

      Delete
  2. Ok, yes that salad does look amazing! I had a long run ( 18 miles) planned for wednesday but looks like we may be seeing some of that snow too! I guess this nice weather had to come to an end sooner or later! Your shoes are fab!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, we have had a pretty mild fall, it's totally spoiled me!

      I pretty much never dress up, but I'm kind of excited to have a reason to wear cute shoes. :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...