Thursday, November 27, 2014

Happy Thanksgiving!

This is how it was supposed to go down: wake up early and meet up with the group to ride a trolley together to the race. That was the beauty of this race. It's super popular, so it's very busy and parking is apparently a nightmare. Once the news of the snow hit, and the trolley option was out, I kind of mentally checked out of this race.

I really didn't want to wake up crazy early to drive somewhere I haven't been, to get stressed out by parking and packet pickup (which I never do on race day).

Rather than wake up early, get stressed out, and run in the snow, I stayed up late watching A Million Ways to Die in the West with Tom, and slept in a little this morning.

I'm not sorry.

Buddy is super excited for Thanksgiving.


This morning, we watched the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade while Tom made cranberry sauce.

I ran my treadmill miles as my race since I skipped out on the race. I'm pretty happy with my splits!

1 - 8:37
2 - 8:21
3 - 8:18
4 - 8:13
5 - 7:45

5 miles in 41:14 - thank you very much.

Now we're off to stuff ourselves celebrate Thanksgiving - I hope you have a great day!

2 comments:

  1. Wow, NICE splits!! I think your day sounds a lot more leisurely than if you had raced!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! :) I was pretty psyched when I saw those splits!

      I'm really glad I decided not to race, though the group did give me a hard time this morning about it!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...