Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Weirdly excited to run on the treadmill

Yesterday was a rest day, and I take my rest days very seriously (mostly).

I spent a lot of time slogging through that packet of paperwork - I'm finally done - and Tom and I talked houses. The house we have looked at a few times pretty much needs an entire kitchen, so we were looking at appliances and how much it would cost to make it a kitchen we would be really excited about.

Turns out we have expensive taste.

Buddy takes the sunshine very seriously.




I was weirdly excited to run on my treadmill today. Don't get me wrong, I like running outside sometimes, but since my challenge had to be outside, I didn't really want to do it.

Five happy, sweaty miles done - at 8:45 pace! I was pretty excited about how good I felt running at that speed, running faster is finally getting easier! :)


Gilmore Girls kept me company, as usual. I'm addicted.


And I'm trying something new for dinner.


That's pork loin with apples, onions and honey. I found the recipe HERE. I mostly followed it.

I haven't done much cooking in the slow cooker, so we'll see how it turns out.

4 comments:

  1. Good for you! I just can't seem to get into running on a treadmill! And can't seem to break the 10:30 pace either. Hopefully one day soon...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! :) Having something to watch definitely helps pass the time on the treadmill - plus there are only hills when you want them!

      I found that running faster for short periods of time helped get my body used to running faster. And only doing short bursts kept me from feeling like I was going to die. ;)

      Delete
  2. Good luck with the house stuff. Let us know how your pork loin turns out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The pork turned out pretty good! Slow cooker recipes are so low maintenance too, which is really nice.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...