Thursday, August 14, 2014

Faster and shorter

I know I said this before, but I have no idea how I used to work so many hours. With my assistant out of town, I worked 7:30-6:10 today. Then it took me a little while to decide what I was going to do for my run.

My training plan called for 6 miles - a warm up, 4 miles at 9:19 and a cool down. There was no way that was happening, but I wanted to get some speedwork done, so I went with faster and shorter instead.

I ran .25 miles @ 10:00 pace (that's almost like a warm up, right?), 2 miles @ 8:34 and another .25 miles @ 8:00 pace. I ended up at 2.5 miles in 21:39.


Gross.


Much better than the not running at all that I wanted to do.

When Tom leaves the house, Buddy runs upstairs to look out the window in the office to see if he can see where Tom is going.


Tom made a pizza on the grill for dinner.

I didn't manage to take a picture until we'd eaten half of it. Pepperoni and banana peppers, yes.


Tomorrow is finally Friday, and I can't wait! It has been a long week with crazy kiddos. They will be changing classrooms at the end of the month, and I think they're starting to get a little anxious about the upcoming change.

4 comments:

  1. Mmmm that pizza looks so tasty!! Glad you got such a tough workout done. Don't you love it when you have that much sweat? I always feel more accomplished and tough when I sweat like that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right? All that sweat lets you know you worked hard! :)

      Delete
  2. The pizza looks yummy. I'll have to watch how he does it on the grill. I've never tried that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll add it to your meal requests for your visit :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...