Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Practically a Habit

I was crabby when I got home today, so I decided to do my run rather than later.

I had mile repeats on the schedule for the day, so I did a quick change and hit the basement. I started off with the Lunge Matrix and some leg swings (that's 2 days, it's practically a habit now, right?). After a 1 mile warm up, I ran 3 mile repeats with 1/2 mile jogs in between followed by a 1 mile cool down - 6 miles total.


My overall pace wasn't anything too impressive (9:17 pace), but my miles were 7:54, 7:42 and 7:30! One of the podcasts I was listening to was saying that people tend to not slow down enough to actually recover during recovery periods, so I made an effort to really slow down in between miles.

My repeats were tough, but I felt strong today. It was a nice turn-around from my crabby morning!

Buddy has been up to his usual lounging today. He would really like it if we would stop taking pictures of him.


The pollen around here is SO bad right now. My car has a yellow hue to it every morning, and this was the crystal clear view out the windshield this morning.


Pretty, no?

4 comments:

  1. Reminds me of the yellow stuff in Kodiak! Hope it doesn't get you guys too badly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That pollen is crazy!! I noticed something like that on my car last night. I've never really noticed that before...maybe it's worse this year! And yes 2 days is a habit for sure! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The news is calling it a pollen tidal wave - it's crazy!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...