Saturday, May 9, 2015

Good Reflexes

This is my Saturday:

I took Buddy out, and fed him while the coffee was brewing.


The second he was done eating, he ran back upstairs to go back to bed.


I watched the news, and ate an english muffin with peanut butter. And coffee. Always coffee.


Then I was off to meet up with the group for our usual Saturday morning run.


Today I went back out for a couple of extra miles after we were finished. Next weekend is the Rhinebeck Half - I'm not worried about it, but I'm not feeling particularly fast right now either.


Also: it was humid this morning. It's been a long time since I had to deal with the unpleasant feeling of running in humidity. I didn't miss it.


Buddy was the happiest dog on earth this afternoon and lounged on the deck in the sun.


He even shared his couch with me for a little bit.


You need good reflexes to sit next to Buddy without getting licked.

We got Unbroken from redbox, so that's the plan for tonight. We listened to the audiobook, but I'm excited to see how the movie turned out.

Have you seen Unbroken? Have you read the book?

2 comments:

  1. How was Unbroken? I haven't read the book or seen the movie, but I'm intrigued. Sort of. I like happy movies best of all. Cheesy romantic comedies. :)

    Love that Buddy goes right back to bed ASAP. Wish I could do that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We listened to the audiobook, and it was really good (and obviously really sad and crazy). The movie would have been hard to follow if we didn't already know the story. They tried to fit too many things in there, so it wasn't as good as it could have been. The book is definitely worth checking out though!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...