Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Long Weekend Laziness

Oh hey! I hope you all had a good holiday weekend! Sorry for the major disappearing act, but we were out of town and I switched into total vacation mode.


We spent our weekend at Tom's family's lake house and had a nice, relaxing weekend. The weather was all over the place, but we had one good afternoon out on the jet boat. Tom likes driving super fast and doing crazy sharp turns/power slides - it takes me a little bit to get used to being on the boat, and then it's a lot of fun.


There's a spot on the lake with a rock that Tom likes to jump off of (he estimates it to be about 20 feet up, or a little less). It took a great deal of patience and insisting that I wouldn't die, but he convinced me to jump. The water was COLD, and that was with shortie wetsuits on (it didn't help that I'm not used to wetsuits and was pretty sure it was trying to suffocate me).


Most of the rest of the weekend was spent relaxing, eating, and visiting. It was excellent.


I did manage to convince myself to go for a run on Saturday, and took a very pretty (and very hilly) 5 mile run on the roads near the house. I don't feel too bad for slacking off a little since I didn't actually take any recovery time after my last race.

I'm back to business as usual starting tomorrow  - apparently my next race is in 18 days, so I should probably get a little more focused...

3 comments:

  1. Looks beautiful! Glad you had a good time

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you had a nice little getaway weekend even without your bud-ster.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a lot of fun, and Buddy had fun getting lots of treats at the vet where we board him. They love him there and he's always happy to see them, so we don't feel too bad about leaving him. It's just weird to not have him around.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...