Sunday, December 20, 2015

Pistachio Fudge and Yoga!

I've been meaning to get out and meet some people around here. I have my running buddies, but they're a 45 minute drive away since we moved.

This morning I made myself go out of my comfort zone and went to a yoga class outside the house.


Crazy, right?

I was a little nervous because I haven't been to a yoga class in years - I've just done yoga on my own or with videos. It ended up being funny though because for all my worrying, there were only 3 other people at the class, and none of them were crazy yoga masters.


Other than my inability to breathe with the teacher counting, I managed to keep up. Plus, now that I've been to that studio, I won't be such a baby about going again.

Funny story: when I was sitting on the floor during the warm up I looked out the window and thought, "what a pretty view!" All I could see were trees and sky. When I stood up, I realized that the studio backs up onto a cemetery. So maybe pretty wasn't the right word...

This afternoon I got some jambalaya going in the crock pot for dinner and attempted to make some pistachio fudge.


I say attempted because it's still setting and I haven't tasted it yet. Hopefully it turns out and we have something to contribute to Christmas dessert!


Nothing like making candy on your patio!

Last year I made Eggnog Cookies, and man were they delicious! I had to get creative this year since we are still kitchen-less.

How was your weekend? 

Do you go to group fitness/yoga classes? 

4 comments:

  1. I don't know...I think cemeteries are pretty and peaceful!

    I go to a yoga class at a studio once weekly and I love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Peaceful, for sure. Pretty just isn't the first word that comes to mind.

      Delete
  2. I cannot imagine making fudge outdoors! Be sure to let us know how it turns out. I got my card last night - super cute! My son says its his favorite on the wall. :) Thanks! Have a great holiday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh hooray! I'm glad the card made it and I'm glad your son likes it! My friend did the artwork :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...