Sunday, December 27, 2015

Out of Shape and Yoga Camp!

I had a total "you know you're a runner when.." moment on my run today. I was getting all whiny and feeling really out of shape when I realized that if I were truly out of shape, I couldn't just go out and run 6+ miles. Yes, I'm slower than I would like to be right now, but I'm by no means really out of shape.

I haven't been very consistent with my workouts lately, and, hello, the holidays are not known to encourage healthy eating.

Basically, I need to adjust my priorities over the next couple weeks as I start training for my next half.

I went to yoga again this morning. I woke up late (aka I didn't set an alarm) and was all ready to decide not to go, but managed to get myself out the door in time.


The teacher was doing a lot of walking around during class today and I feel like she lost track of how long we were in some poses since she wasn't doing it herself. We were in a high lunge and/or warrior pose for a really long time, and my legs were dying. I was definitely feeling my hips on my run this afternoon. There wasn't a class after ours, so class ran over by about 15 minutes. I was more than ready for savasana (corpse pose) when the time rolled around.

I told you guys about Yoga with Adriene and the 30 days of yoga challenge that I did earlier this year. Well, she's doing a yoga camp (on youtube) in January - you should sign up! It's another 30 day challenge, so there will be new (free!) videos every day!


I'm going to do it, you should join me! Adriene cracks me up (she gets a little goofy in some of her videos), and I love all her videos. Her videos are what got me back into yoga after a very long break.

Sign up for yoga camp HERE!

Have you had any "you know you're a runner when..." moments?

Are you going to join me for yoga camp? :)

8 comments:

  1. Free? Really? Sounds pretty awesome to me! I love me some yoga...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Speaking of feeling out of shape...ahhhh I am feeling so heavy and weighed down right now...too much of everything lately but you are right. It's not really out of shape, it's just not feeling in peak performance condition. I don't do too much yoga although every time I have any sort of leg issue, I decide I really need to learn to stick with some sort of yoga plan. I did buy a runners yoga dvd and when I take the time to use it, I am always glad. Enjoy your yoga camp and have a wonderful 2016!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We'll get back into racing shape soon enough, I'm sure! Have a great new year!

      Delete
  3. That sounds pretty cool!! I have not done a Yoga work out from a video before, that would be an interesting experience!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really like the convenience of yoga videos, it's harder for me to actually make it out to a class!

      Delete
  4. I LOVE Yoga With Adrienne! I'm totally signing up for that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Adriene is the best - and I love that she keeps most of her videos free so they're accessible to as many people as possible!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...